How do I access the UC Learning Center?
Please click here to get to the log in page for the UC Learning Center.
For detailed login instructions, please select either For UCSD Employees or For Non-UCSD Employees from the menu on the left.
What do I do if I have login issues?
If you are a UCSD employee, please contact the IS Help Desk at 619-543-7474
If you are not a UCSD employee, please fill out the Affiliate Form to request access or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I find a training/course?
Searching the Catalog
To search the UC Learning Center Course Catalogue, enter search terms in the Search box in the top left panel and click ‘Go’. The search terms will apply to the course name. The search feature will provide the best results if you know exactly which course you are looking for.
- Searches are not case sensitive.
- Search results will show the exact matches for the word or words you entered in search box.
- Search results do not return results based on variations or different spellings of search terms.
- You may use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard character. This is helpful if you don’t know the exact title of a course.
- If there is a space between words in the search box, the results will include all records that contain both search words.
- Example: Super* would return search results including both “Supervision” and “Supervisory.”
- Boolean searches (using AND, OR, and NOT) are not available. These words are ignored in the search results.
Browsing the Catalog
This feature enables you to filter courses by categories. Click on the Catalog buttonand select a category to view a list of associated courses. Click on the course title to view a course description.
Some courses may only be visible to users with specific job codes, home departments, start dates, or other criteria. If you cannot find a course by browsing, please try a catalog search.
How do I register for a course?
Registering for an Online Course
After finding a course in the catalog or through a search, click the ‘Start’ button in the light blue section at the bottom of the page.
Registering for a Classroom (Instructor-led) Course
After finding a course in the catalog, click ‘Register’. The next page displays the course date(s), time, location(s) and seat availability. Select your preferred session and click ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the page. To confirm registration, go back to the UC Learning Center home page and click on ‘Current Registration’ in the left navigation. on the UC Learning Center home page.
How do I cancel a course registration?
To cancel your registration for a course, click on ‘My To Do List’ on the UC Learning Center homepage, select the course. Next, click ‘Go’ next to the ‘Task – Cancel Registration’ button on the next page, click on ‘Cancel Marked’.
How do I view my training requirements?
Click on the ‘My To Do List’ button at the top of the UC Learning Center home page. Alternatively, scroll to the bottom of the page to the ‘To Do’ section to view the complete listing of courses you have been assigned or have registered for. How I view my training record?
How do I view my training record?
To view your training history or print a diploma, click on the ‘My Training Transcript’ button at the top of the UC Learning Center home page.
1. For a list of completed courses, click on ‘Export to PDF’ then click ‘File’. This will allow you to print or save the file.
2. To print a single diploma, click on the course title, then click on the small diploma icon to the left of the course title.
How do I update my personal information?
Updating Your Contact Information
The UC Learning Center receives your contact information, including email address and phone number, from the UCSD Campus Directory database. This information cannot be changed in the UC Learning Center. If your contact information is inaccurate, please contact the person in your department responsible for updating the directory and ask them to correct your information.
Updating Your Employment Data
The UC Learning Center receives your job code, home department, start date, and other employment data from the Employee Database (EDB) within the Personnel/Payroll System (PPS). Employment data cannot be changed via the UC Learning Center. Please contact the Human Resources department by emailing to email@example.com to request an update.
How do I update my manager?
1. Click on ‘Quick Links’ located in the left navigation panel, then choose ‘Edit Profile’.
2. On the Profile page, scroll down to the ‘Manager’ field and click ‘Browse’.
3. Type your manager’s name into the search box and click ‘Go’. The manager’s name will be displayed in the search results.
4. To select the correct manager, click on the button next to the name and press ‘OK’
How do I update my direct reports?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also have your former or current employee update their profile information (refer to “How do I update my manager?”)